Well we did it...and we've even got the picture to prove it! We successfully hosted our first ever VIRTUAL Annual Meeting on Wednesday, June 24th! While we were not able to enjoy a hearty breakfast together at the Gorge Country Kitchen, hopefully everyone was able to stay well caffeinated!
I would like to thank the Honourable Rob Black, Senator (Ontario), for joining us as our guest speaker. Rob shared some good COVID-19 recovery strategies for businesses, including his sage advice to be flexible, embrace technology, be innovative, and change our approach to our customers whose preferences and activities have changed. Thanks Rob for reminding us to accept and embrace the new normal and not look back!
Thank you also to Garreth Madden of Baker Tilly for presenting our 2019-20 financials and providing context on the numbers and information shared.
Thank you to all of our members for your continued support and engagement with CWCC! For those who were not able to attend the AGM, click here to watch the recording.
And a really big thank you to our staff and Board for your support and help to make this happen!
On that note, we're pleased to announce our 2020-2021 Board of Directors, elected at the Annual Meeting:
- Sheri Copplestone, ASC4 Business - President
- Diane Cook, TPI 7Seas2See - Past President
- Jamie Murray, Wolfe Smith & Forster - Vice President
- Paul Walker, Grand River Agricultural Society - Vice President
- Janet Harrop, Harrcroft Acres Ltd. - Treasurer
- Aileen Hawkins, M&M Food Market - Director
- Derek Graham, Derek G. Graham Ltd. - Director
- Kira Bailey, SHIFT A Family Health Centre - Director
- Austin Cardinell, The Grand FM 101.1 - Director
- Dale Sinstead, Schooley Mitchell - Director
- Jane Shaw, Wellington-Waterloo Community Futures - Director
Congratulations and thank you for your continued commitment and contributions! Looking forward to another great year together!
Keep healthy and please stay connected!